Students have several dual enrollment options available to them through Louisiana Delta Community College. Students who participate in dual enrollment opportunities are responsible for all coursework requirements. J-HHS is only responsible for facilitating the enrollment process. Students who participate in dual enrollment are still responsible for completing all graduation requirements.
If you are interested in participating in dual enrollment, please schedule an appointment with Mrs. Bergholtz. Please be aware of deadlines set by the colleges/universities.
General Minimum Requirements*
- Available to TOPS University diploma track students
- Must have a 2.5 minimum overall GPA
- Minimum 19 ACT composite score
- Minimum 18 ACT English score
- Minimum 19 ACT math score
- 11th or 12th grade students
- *Each participating school may have requirements that vary
Welding and Industrial Maintenance Programs
- Students must start in the fall semester
- Students must be 16 years old when the fall semester begins
Is Dual Enrollment a good fit for you? Here are some things to consider . . .
- Do you have consistent/easy access to a reliable computer with a reliable internet connection, and access to an alternative computer in case something happens to your computer, so that your participation will not be affected? You cannot complete an online class by using just the Canvas app on your smartphone!
- Do you have a webcam on your computer? You will be asked to use HonorLock to proctor many of your tests and authenticate your identity for security purposes.
- Do you have computing and word processing skills that will enable you to function efficiently in an online course (downloading, saving and editing files, creating folders, changing settings on your computer, typing and word processing, sending email with attachments, etc.)?
- Have you accessed your LA Delta student email account? Are you willing to access it several times a week and use it for school-related correspondence?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills so that you can effectively read and understand directions, reading assignments, and information in your textbook or in material provided by your instructor(s)?
- Do you understand that frequent participation will be required in each of your online courses and you will need to dedicate at least 3 hours of work per credit hour per week for each online course in order to be successful?
- Are you self-motivated with good organizational and time-management skills (not needing to be reminded of due dates, etc.)?